Sunday, June 4, 2017

Bloggers Who Brunch (at Butcher Bar)

I am a big fan of brunch, and I think that if you don't like brunch, we can't be friends. I mean, what's not to like - there are always sweet and savory options, and you have an excuse to drink prosecco before noon, and no one can judge you for it!

Recently, I had the pleasure of dining during my favorite meal of the week with some of my fellow PHLbloggers at the oh so yummy, Butcher Bar. If you haven't been to Butcher Bar yet, you need to go. There is indoor and outdoor seating, the decor is wonderfully on point, and the food is delicious! Our server was also very patient and understanding of us when we needed to take some (ok, maybe not some...more like a lot of) pictures, especially after we told him that we were bloggers. Also, huge shout out to our photographer, Julia Dent for our GORGEOUS photos!


Some of my yummy food - beets and goat cheese!

Every time our PHLbloggers group gets together for a photo shoot, we always have such a fun time together. At our last shoot, we decided that we should hang out, and I think it was Kelsey, who suggested that we plan a brunch attire shoot, so we could spend time together and take pictures too! Such a fun plan!


Our stylish group with our different interpretations of brunch attire! 


Our "judgement free" zone!



























As a fashion lover and a personal stylist, I really love the range in styles that everyone chose for this shoot. That's definitely what makes shooting with everyone so fun. They all bring their own style to every shoot, and somehow we end up still coordinating! 


Khoi of Gentleman Within 

Despite being the only guy at our shoot, Khoi fit in perfectly! His style incorporates classic and modern pieces with current trends as accents, and I love it. 

Outfit details
Button Down: Gap
Jeans: Uniqlo
Shoes: J.Crew
Shades: Sunny Rebel


Melissa of Skinny Affair

Melissa always has the cutest dresses, and this one from Free People is even cuter when you find out that it has pockets! 

Outfit details
Dress: Free People
Shoes: Similar


Gurpreet of Moda Ninja

Gurpreet's use of colors and textures in her outfits always impress me! The boldness in her selections matches her confidence, and you know just by looking at her, that she is a cool woman.

Outfit Details
Blouse: Express
Culottes: Banana Republic
Shoes: ASOS
Accessories: Fabindia & Aldo


Sarah of Smoorelovin

Sarah's outfit represents what I love about style. Let me explain. I have been very resistant to the overalls trend, but Sarah has officially proven me wrong! I love how she paired these edgy overalls with a very on trend off the shoulder top and vibrant accessories. Sarah's styling of the overalls make the excellent point that when it comes to trends, find the style that works best for you! It may require a little bit of searching, but it will be worth it!

Outfit Details
Shoes and Overalls: Free People
Top: Candy Shoppe
Bag: Sticks+Stones


Also, can we talk about her glorious bag from Sticks+Stones? I never thought I could ever love a backpack that much.


Kelsey from Bellsxwhistles

Kelsey's look is easy, breezy, summer, sunshine, and I love it. Yellow has become one of my favorite colors, and it looks gorgeous on Kelsey! Her layered, delicate necklaces and aviators elevate a sundress, and make it perfect for brunch in the city.

Outfit Details
Dress: Forever 21
Sandals: American Eagle
Bag and Sunnies: Free People
Necklaces: Urban Outfitters 


Chelsea from Organized Mess

Love the details in Chelsea's dress from The Geisha House! The lace up bodice with the high slit is done in such a fun, girly way! Her neutral bag and hat add classic elements to her trendy dress! 

Outfit Details
Shoes: Lost+Found
Hat: Topshop
Sunglasses: Loft


And then there's me!

I took the advice of a few fellow bloggers that I met at The Blog Connect Conference, and decided to actually keep my glasses on for a photo shoot for once. I was told to embrace my inner nerd, and see what happens. So, here we go! Here's me, feminine, nerdy, lots of tattoos, modern style accessories, and totally rockin' a floral boho dress from Haute Mama.  (Side note: anyone in central/south jersey and Philly, let me take you over to Haute Mama ASAP! Valerie has the cutest clothes and accessories there - perfect for summer!!)

Show off as much or as little of your personality to the world as you choose. Despite being a blogger, I consider myself a private person to most people, but I allow my tattoos and my fashion choices to speak about me instead. This way, when you do get to know me, you can understand me through what I'm wearing. Being a personal stylist, I like to help my clients in that same way.


Because, after all, you do you, boo.


Outfit Details:
Dress: Haute Mama
Earrings: Target
Glasses: Guess
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Sunnies: Anthropologie 
Save

1 comment:

  1. Awesome write up...I think your photo selects are a good representation of the fun we had that day. Good food, drink and company!

    ReplyDelete