Friday, February 3, 2017

#girlboss(es) 21 - Abby Fereday

Happy Friday! This week's #FabulousFemaleFriday features a woman who I met through one of the many Blogger groups that I am part of! I reached out to them to see if any would allow me to feature them, and Abby was the first to respond! I love that I am at a point in my #FabulousFemaleFriday #girlboss posts, when I can do that! 

In addition to both of us being bloggers, Abby is also a mom, and she was a former teacher (as you'll read below)! What a small world! There is a link to her blog at the bottom of her post, so definitely check it out, after you're done reading! There are so many fun posts! I know that I have enjoyed reading them!

Ms. Abby Fereday



I currently work as a Program Success Manager for an education service provider based in Boise, Idaho. That's a mouthful, I know! But basically, I am on a team full of folks who used to work in schools- ex teachers, school principals, etc. and we work together to support schools around the country as they implement our educational program. I've been working there for 2.5 years and prior to that I was a middle and high school English teacher!


1.   What would you list as your best quality?     
Determination and persistence. It can be both a blessing and curse; I can get too hyper-focused at times. But for the most part, these qualities are what make me a good wife, mother, worker, blogger, and more!

2.   When do you feel your strongest? 
I probably feel strongest when I can clearly see a forward path. When I am able to tell the direction things are going or know with confidence the next move or decision mine and my family's life should take, I feel very strong! :)

3.     On your most difficult days, what keeps you going? 
It sounds weird, but I'm totally a "light at the end of the tunnel" kind of girl. I don't always know exactly what that light is, but I always remind myself to stay persistence, push toward my goals, keep loved ones close, and things will all happen as they are supposed to.  Also, my daughter is a major source of inspiration, particularly for my blogging. I am determined to get to a place where my blog allows my family to have a more flexible lifestyle and more time to invest in each other. 

4.     What do you value the most in yourself and your family? 
Time. I think it is so important to spend quality time together with people you love. 

5.     So far, what have been your greatest accomplishment(s) in your life and/or career?
This is a funny tidbit that not many people know about me, but in 2012, I was playing soccer professionally in California. I don't necessarily think it fits the bill of "greatest" accomplishment, but it makes for a fun fact.  I would probably consider my daughter my greatest accomplishment. I honestly did not know it was possible to love a little human the way I love her!

6.     What advice would you give to your younger self?
Oh boy. Where to begin? I would tell myself to be more confident and have more self-respect. Other people's opinions mattered far too much to me, particularly during my college years. If I could go back, I would focus on being more true to the real me and to be proud of who I am. 

7.   What do you look forward to the most?
I am really excited about the potential the blogging pathway might have for me and my family. Like I mentioned, I would love to have more flexibility and I think blogging might be the thing that could open that door!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to you on so many aspects of your comments. Glad to have discovered you today! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete