Friday, January 20, 2017

#girlboss(es) 20 - Ann Wilmot


Happy Friday!! This week's #fabulousfemalefriday features Ann Wilmot! I met Ann through her husband, Chris, who is one of my coworkers. Both Ann and Chris are very kind people, who have become good friends of ours. Ann works in the same school district as me and Chris, and she is a guidance counselor. While Ann was working at McGalliard Elementary, Chris and I were lucky to have former students of hers at the middle school. They were always so excited to find out that after having (and adoring) Mrs. Wilmot, that they were now going to have Mr. Wilmot as a teacher. It was adorable! Now that Ann has switched to one of the high schools in our district, she will have our former students! 



1.   What would you list as your best quality?

 My best quality is being an empathic and mostly patient person.  

2.   When do you feel your strongest? 

I feel my strongest when I'm spiritually balanced and keep in mind that there is a purpose for everything that happens.  

3.     On your most difficult days, what keeps you going? 

I had a wonderful mentor in my late father, who was a motivator, and I have many positive people among my family and friends.  

4.     What do you value the most in yourself, you relationship with your spouse/partner, and your family? 

I value connecting through conversation among my spouse and family.  As a busy working parent, it's important to set aside time with friends, to be together, and make the most of it.

5.     So far, what have been your greatest accomplishment(s) in your career?

I've always been a career "underdog", by which I mean that I've been in the right place at the right time to get jobs I'm almost qualified for.  I've had to scramble to get the remaining qualifications, while learning the components of the actual job, as I'm doing it.  I'm proud that it has helped me develop determination and flexibility.  
 I'm also thrilled with what we accomplished at McGalliard School during my time there - winning state and national recognition for our school climate.  Because of these accomplishments, other schools within Hamilton have looked to McGalliard and our team, as role models, which I didn't expect.

6.     What advice would you give to your younger self?

My younger self was in a hurry (like many younger selves), so I would have told me to slow down, and enjoy the ride. 

7.   What do you look forward to the most?

 I look forward to the slower moments of life.

8. What has been your biggest failure, and how have you overcome it? 

I was a huge procrastinator who would pull things off at the last minute, and I have learned to at least get started with things.  I also failed at being an Accounting major but that worked out well. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment