#girlboss(es) 16 - Linda LaRosa


Happy Friday! I hope that you're all staying nice and warm! This weather is perfect for cozying up with a soft, heavy blanket, making yourself a perfect cup of coffee, and doing some online shopping. I know that you may be all shopped out at this point, with Christmas being right around the corner, so spend some time looking for yourself instead! Need some motivation? Check out Shop Sixty Five's Instagram Page.  For those of you that come here often, you know how much I am IN LOVE with Shop Sixty Five in Rittenhouse. The owner of this glorious shop is Linda LaRosa - this week's #girlboss for Fabulous Female Friday! In the post that I wrote about Shop Sixty Five (click here), I talked about how wonderful Linda was, when I went to her store for the first time. Since then, she has continued to be supportive, and I continue to tell everyone I know about how amazing she and her store are! Enjoy reading about Linda, and check them out on Facebook and Instagram for updates and gorgeous clothes! 


1.   What would you list as your best quality? 
I am warm and most people I meet feel very comfortable around me. I have a way of seeing the best in people and wanting to bring out more of that. Many times it translates through me wanting them to look their best and being persuasive, but not invasive and getting them to trust my input to step out of their comfort zone.

2.   When do you feel your strongest?
Either at yoga or Barre yet occasionally when I don't feel I'm being treated fairly by a vendor I can get my back up and my business head kicks in and fights for what is right.

3.     On your most difficult days, what keeps you going?
My daughter, Lili and our rescue dog. I know I can't give up because they are completely dependent on me, and I have to be their rock.

4.     What do you value the most in yourself, you relationship with your spouse/partner, and your family?
That's a hard question because it's been just me and my daughter for almost 7 years. I value her intelligence, wisdom, sense of humor, kindness and unbridled talent as a singer and dancer. As far as myself, I rarely get to come first, but I love my style, free spirit, tenacity, ability to be open about my faults and pure goofiness.

5.     So far, what have been your greatest accomplishment(s) in your career?
On a global level, producing fashion shows, being an International Fashion Editor and Stylist and working with celebrities and top models. Also in a more grassroots way, bringing home all of my knowledge and love for fashion back to Pennsylvania and spreading the love.

6.     What advice would you give to your younger self?
Own your beauty and intelligence. Be confident. Never settle.

7.   What do you look forward to the most?
Laughing with friends over great food, dancing, celebrating life. Watching my daughter perform.

8.   What has been your biggest failure, and how have you overcome it?

That's tied: Opening a second location of my store is one. I wanted so much to provide more financial stability for my daughter and it backfired. I realized that neither store could thrive without my full attention. That the success of my business had come from my personal attention to detail and to my clients. Spreading myself between two locations crippled sales and stunted my ability to give my clients enough time thus losing many. Second was my marriage and the failure of my family unit. I spent half my life with someone who because of differences disappeared from both of our lives and created a fragile home life for my daughter and I for many years, possibly until current day.





Labels: , , ,