Friday, October 7, 2016

#girlboss(es) 13 - Andrea Pagan

Happy Friday! This week's #girlboss Fabulous Female Friday features my good friend, Drea! Drea is such a fun and sweet person, and when I think of strong, amazing moms, she is absolutely on my list! Her husband and my husband have been friends since high school, so it's always fun when we all get together (plus the kids are SO adorable). I'll let her tell her own story, since she tells it so well! 


Mrs. Andrea Pagan, Freelance Photographer

Being a freelance photographer, you're essentially your own boss. If you don't mind, can you explain why you wanted to pursue your business?  
My first pregnancy we found out that our baby had a complication, a birth defect. I wanted to stay home to raise my son who was born with gastroschisis.  Being since  he had already had a rough start to life I couldn't bare to see him in the care of others. I felt that I needed to take care of him the best way that I could. Due to the fact that maternity leave isn't that awesome, I left my job to stay home with him but it was the best decision I ever made. I didn't want to miss a beat with him ! I wanted to hear his first word, to see his first step. I needed to be a part of it every step of the way.

What's your motivation? 
My motivation for my business is my family. We have now expanded it by two little feet and I want to help out my husband anyway I can because he has done an amazing job taking care of us.


What are your biggest accomplishments/proudest moments so far in your career? 
The fact that I have returning customers means so much to me!!! It means that what I have been striving to do because of something I love is working... I am doing something right and that alone makes my heart happy. Taking photos is amazing and watching my returning customers grow has also been incredible ( I mostly do newborns and children photography )

Check out Drea's Facebook page for her photography (and hire her because she's awesome): https://www.facebook.com/littlemiraclephoto/

Also, take a look at (and consider donating to) http://averysangels.org - a foundation created to support those affected by gastroschisis. 




No comments:

Post a Comment