Friday, September 16, 2016

#girlboss(es) 10 - Mrs. Marielle Wolf

Happy Fabulous Female Friday!! We are at fabulous #10! Our 10th #girlboss is someone that I met over 10 years ago (13 or 14 years ago, I think?)! Her name is Marielle Wolf, although most people call her Melle! 

I met Melle at my very first job, which was at a spa! I had been working at the spa for a few months, before Melle joined me, working at the front desk. I remember being intimidated by Melle at first, because she was a little bit older than me, and came to a similar job to me but with much more experience. That feeling maybe lasted the first day that we worked together, and ended by the second day, because I remember being good friends with her pretty early on. 

I am very thankful for Melle, and her patience with me. I was 17 when I was working at that job, and everyone at the spa called me, "Baby Girl", because compared to all of the adult women that worked there, I was. She always treated me as an equal, and with a tremendous amount of respect, and I'm not quite sure I really deserved that. Melle was also one of the first adults, outside of my family, to acknowledge my appreciation for style, and she allowed me to take her shopping! So, I think it's safe to say that Melle was actually one of my first clients! 

Mrs. Marielle Wolf, Director of Sales 

My official title is Director of Sales at the Lambertville Station Restaurant and Inn. I do all the sales for the Riverside Ballroom which can accomodate up to 200 guests. I have been with the company for 9 years.  I plan and coordinate any social event on property between 75 - 200 guests.  The majority of my clientele is weddings but I also coordinate other events such as rehearsal dinners, bridal and baby showers, enagaement parties and corporate banquets to name a few. I work with a maitre d' who executes the coordinated plan the day of the wedding and a full staff that takes care of the guests once the big day arrives. 

I started out when the ballroom only held 150 guests. I have been through a few construction changes at the Inn in my 9 years.  The last one being the ballroom expansion that added a new open air ceremony space and a cocktail hour room that sits right on the banks of the Delaware River, but, the most impressive addition is the new Riverview Suite (bridal suite) that is where the couple retires for the evening, the only hotel room on property that overlooks the Delaware River. 

1.   What would you list as your best quality?  
I like to try and understand what my client is looking for as the big picture and help them obtain that through their theme.  I just like working with people from all walks of life and coming up with new and creative ideas for them to help bring their ideas to life. Thinking outside of the box.

2.   When do you feel your strongest? 
When the stars align!! I honestly don't think there is one thing that makes me feel stronger, but seeing a bride in her wedding dress smiling and crying when she sees everything put together and I had a hand in that, that is a great feeling.

3.     On your most difficult days, what keeps you going? 
Besides coffee, knowing it can all be done if I just take a breath and step back and look at it from another point of view and then start at the beginning and push through, i know it is all going to get done.

4.     What do you value the most in yourself and your family? 
My family comes first, my 2 boys are the light of my life.  Being able to still be a soocer mom and a full time planner is a balance I am still working on perfecting, but its fun.  I appreciate my kids more after a long day at work or a busy day, I value my work ethic as well. I am a firm believer that if you put your mind to it you can do anything, and there are no excuses, do the job you are supposed to do, do it as best you can and keep learning something new every day. And when you are home, be home, be the mom, be the one they look up and see on the sidelines routing them on.  I do get work calls at home from time to time but knowing that is always possible, gives me more of a reason to focus on them (the boys) when I am home and focus on work when I am at work.

5.     So far, what have been your greatest accomplishment(s) in your career? 
Not messing up the math on contracts and final bills!!! LOL. In all seriousness, my greatest accomplishment is just being in the position I am in.  It is not an easy field to land in to so the fact that I am actually doing something I have wanted to do since I was 9 years old is a dream come true and my greatest accomplishment.

6.     What advice would you give to your younger self? 
Don't hold back, be fun and wild and crazy, don't be afraid of crowds and speaking in front of other people, go with your creative side, be friendly and outgoing and confident in who you are, don't be afraid of what others think or say, just be you.

7.   What do you look forward to the most? 
Sleep, seeing the bride in her dress, seeing the couple when they come out of the ceremony, or when they are just about to leave to go to the ceremony.  I look forward to the planning time I have with the couple as well and just getting to know them as a couple. There isnt just one thing I look forward to obviously.  Seeing the dress, the flowers, the rings, its all so exciting every week something new.

8.  What has been your biggest failure, and how have you overcome it? I have had many that I have learned from. I was and am still very sensitive when it comes to my work, I gave grown a thicker skin a bit, but any mistake whether the couple sees it or its just something in the background, I take personally and try and learn and strengthen myself from it, I am the face that everyone sees and deals with so if anything goes wrong, its me they come to to complain, that is never easy hearing someone was disappointed on their big day.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment