#girlboss(es) 7 - Mrs. Erika Labbe

Woo! It's Friday, which means that it's the weekend! More importantly here, it means, Fabulous Female Friday! 

Today, I am featuring, Mrs. Erika Labbe! Erika and I met by the brilliance that is Clark University's roommate pairing questionnaire, back in 2004 (has it really been that long??). I always felt so lucky to have Erika as a roommate, because you hear all kinds of "horror" stories about college roommates. Honestly, the only time that Erika and I "fought" in the year and a half that we lived together was during the 2005 Super Bowl when the Eagles (my home team) played (and lost) against the Patriots (Erika's a New Englander, so of course, she was rooting for the Pats...so was everyone else at Clark). It wasn't so much that we were fighting, but there was definitely some tension haha. 


Erika's such a good friend that despite our close relationship, she was supportive and understanding, when I told her that I needed to transfer to The College of New Jersey to pursue being a music education major. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of crying and rocking hugs. 

Erika and I still keep in touch, and we make sure to be there for as many important events as possible. We were bridesmaids in each other's weddings, and when we see each other about once a year, it's like we're picking up exactly where we left off. 

Love you, mushykins!


Mrs. Erika Labbe, Copywriter for GSN Games

"I’ve been a copywriter for nearly 10 years. I’m currently the Senior Manager of Brand and Copywriting at GSN Games, primarily focused on our lineup of mobile apps. I manage a team of writers in Boston and work closely with our San Francisco marketing team."


1.   What would you list as your best quality?
I like to think I’m pretty creative, although judging from my latest Pinterest fails, I could be horribly wrong.


2.   When do you feel your strongest?
When I’m with my girlfriends. We don’t get to see each other often, but when we do, I’m amazed at how badass we all are. #IfYouWannaBeMyLoverYouGottaGetWithMyFriends


3.     On your most difficult days, what keeps you going?
I try to keep everything in perspective. I used to be a hospice volunteer, and it’s true that many people feel similarly at the end of life -- they wish they hadn’t worked so hard and didn’t sweat the small stuff. At the end of the day, my problems usually aren’t that bad. Life is good. Even tough times pass.


4.     What do you value the most in your relationship with your spouse/partner, and your family?
I love all the laughter and inside jokes. They’re a reminder that I’ve been lucky enough to find -- and be loved by -- people who are just as weird as I am. My family pokes fun at my dad’s love for rocks (yes, rocks), and my husband and I sing “Sleigh Ride” all year long, changing the lyrics to be about things like groceries...the gym...why-didn’t-you-take-out-the-damn-trash-ring-ting-tingle-ing-too...


5.     So far, what have been your greatest accomplishment(s) in your career?
I’m so proud to have established the copy team (affectionately called “The Copycats”) at GSN Games. Our talented writers play a major role across the organization. We collaborate with teams in London, India, and beyond!


6.     What advice would you give to your younger self?
-Don’t try to be perfect. Learn from your mistakes and keep moving.
-Don’t try to dye your own hair. Really, just don’t.


7.   What do you look forward to the most?
Oh man, tough one. I mean, I look forward to having kids at some point, but I’m also looking forward to T.J. Maxx this weekend. So much fun to be had, big and small.






Labels: ,