The not makeover, makeover

The term "makeover" always sounds a little extreme with a hint of excitement and a bit of fear. A makeover gives us visions of different TV shows that we may have seen where an outdated kitchen gets completely gutted and redone with a new open feel, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and brand new cabinets. The word "makeover" implies that whatever is getting "made over", was pretty awful to start and was in desperate need of improvement.

That's why I'm not using the term, "makeover" to describe how I help my clients. I won't completely change you, because most of you don't need a dramatic change. Even when I work with my clients in a "closet makeover", they will all tell you that it does not involve me going through your closet and throwing everything away (not even close). I am always honest, so I will tell you when something looks amazing on you, and when it's time to get rid of something, because it's not doing anything for you.


When I am working with a client, I view them as an entire package. It's not just about the clothes. The clothes are a great place to start, but you set the foundation. Your body type, your personality, skin tone, eye color, hair color, fashion preferences, etc. are all combined to show me what direction we should take, so that you can look your best. That's our goal!

My goal for all of my clients is for you to look and feel like the best you that you can! Of course, there are a lot of rules that we will follow that will apply to all of you, but if you look at my clients, you'll see how different they all are, and that's what makes it fun!

Here's my opportunity for you. I offer you my shopping expertise, but in addition to that, for my ladies, I will also do your makeup (showing you a natural, but glowing look), and your hair (something pretty that looks effortless). So, when we're done, you'll have at least a few new pieces to add to your wardrobe, and a new way to wear your hair and makeup. We'll take a couple pictures (if you're ok with that), to show off how gorgeous you are to my blog readers and social media followers, and you will continue with your day feeling like the strong, beautiful, female that you are!

Here are two of my lovelies, who have already had their not makeover, makeover:

Makeover

Makeover, dress, statement necklace


For my gentlemen, most (if not all) of you don't wear makeup, and some of you don't have a lot of hair, and that's ok! We can still go shopping together, and we will spend more time focusing on your look, just like I would with the ladies, but our main focus is on accessories (from your eyewear down to your footwear).

This is where it becomes even more fun for you!! I am offering a FREE session to one male and one female client (past, present, or future clients are all welcome to participate)! Your session will involve everything explained above (shopping and a personal style refresh (not a makeover ;) ) In order to be eligible for the free session, you must share this post on social media! On Friday, I will then randomly choose two lucky winners!

(Also, if you win, and you would rather send your spouse/partner with me to go shopping for him/herself instead, that's completely ok!)

Happy posting, and as always, I can't wait to go shopping with you!

Labels: ,