Friday, July 29, 2016

#girlboss(es) 3 - Ms. Kimberly O'Hare

It's Fabulous Female Friday again!!

Woo! Happy Friday, everyone!

I hope you have fun weekend plans... and that they involve reading my blog... thinking about when you'd like to go shopping with me... and/or have me go through your closet with you!

Anyway, this post features another one of my closest friends, Ms. Kimberly O'Hare. Kim and I met in college, after I transferred to The College of New Jersey. She is by far one of the best musicians I have ever had the pleasure of performing with, and I am always honored when she asks for my opinion regarding her playing. With some of my girl friends, we like to use the term "broad" to refer to each other... and by refer to each other, I mean, they put up with me referring to them as a broad (tough broad, classy broad, etc.) Kim is definitely a "tough broad", and that's one of the many things I love about her.



Kimberly O'Hare, Freelance Musician

What would you describe as your best quality?
Probably unwavering determination and the willingness to do what needs to be done, no matter how unfavorable it might be. If the only time I can get in a few hours of practice means that I need to start playing piccolo at 7am, I just do it.

What keeps pushing you forward during your biggest challenges with your work?
I think one of the most important things for someone to have in their life is an amazing support system. Family, friends, significant other, whoever is going to kick your ass when you need it. There are going to be times when building your career is really hard, and you’re going to fail. A lot. They are the people who pick you back up and remind you who you are and where you’re going.      

What have been your biggest accomplishments and/or proudest moments so far in your career?
This year in particular has been amazing. Playing on Broadway and performing in Austria for AIMS have been some of the best experiences of my life.

What do you look forward to the most?

Traveling and playing music all over the world!


This gorgeous gal in Prague! 

Kim, in the pit for Wicked on Broadway!!


AIMS orchestra in Graz, Austria!




Also, happy (belated) birthday, Kim!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment