The Great Outdoors

In one of my earlier posts, I talked about how to use a color wheel to figure out the best ways to incorporate different colors in your wardrobe. Especially now that it's Spring, I find myself getting a lot of color inspiration from outside!

I went to Longwood Gardens with my family, and the color combinations in the flowers were pretty spectacular. Consider the green in the grass and leaves as your neutral in this picture. (If you don't know what I mean by neutral, read this.)

This balance of yellow and purple would work for my gentlemen or my ladies!


I also came across this perfectly dressed guy in another weekend adventure, and his use of color is always on point!


Also, check out the texture in the wooden fence, the pattern in the wire fence, and the feathers. Envision your suit, blazer, pants, or skirt as the combination and color of the two fences, and your shirt or tie as the blue in the body of the peacock. 
Perfection. 



Labels: , ,