Spring is here?

Hi everyone! Happy May! Spring is technically here, and I say technically, because all of us on the East Coast have been dealing with lots of gray skies and rain, for what seems like way too long! I think we're all ready to stop wearing dark colors, boots, and heavier fabrics and move on to bright, happy, colors that make us think Spring (and summer)! At least the trees and flowers outside have been blooming and adding pops of color to our days!

This week, one of my favorite outfits that I put together was this one:

fashion stylist

Philadelphia personal stylist

Philadelphia personal stylist

One of our cats, LeRoy even made an appearance during my quick outfit photoshoot! This was Tuesday's outfit. Tuesday was cold and rainy (much like the rest of this week), and I was torn between embracing the weather and being excited for Spring, so I wore a light blue metallic and white striped shirt, a gorgeous (new) statement necklace from anthropologie, one of my favorite blazers (who am I kidding, all of my blazers are my favorite), gray skinnies, and black booties. I also had to add more color than just the shirt, so I kept the rest of my makeup pretty subdued, except for my eyelashes (Covergirl Plumpify waterproof mascara is my newest obsession), and I made sure to make my lips really pop. Remember ladies, you are not just limited to your clothes for adding a pop of color to your outfits! 

Now gentlemen, if you tend to dress more professional for your work attire, you could do something similar to what I did here (minus the statement necklace, mascara, and lipstick... unless that's your thing, in which case go for it, and I'll help you find the right pieces and colors!). Mixing and matching your suit pieces is completely ok! Feel free to do it! I can show you how. I'm sure most of the men in your life told you that your suit had to stay together forever, but think about your suit pieces as really being separate pieces that just work really well together when necessary. You can also keep your blazer and pants more neutral and use your shirt as your pop of color. That's a good way to play it safe, if you're just getting used to branching out. 

So, let's talk Spring, because it's going to happen, I can feel it! And, you'll want to be prepared for when the sun comes back! If you look for Spring trends, it seems like it's always the same. It reminds me of "The Devil Wears Prada", when Meryl Streep's character, Miranda says "Florals? For spring? Ground breaking." I mean, I didn't even have to go shopping to come up with these floral pieces, and none of them have been purchased this season:

women floral fashion

There are five pieces there. Two shirts and three dresses - all floral. I pulled them from my closet in under a minute, and there were more. That being said, florals are great for Spring, but do most of us need to go out and buy more? No, just check your closet. Ladies, if you're going out for Mother's Day brunch or dinner this weekend, definitely pick a pretty floral pieces. It's always so feminine, delicate, and pretty. 

If florals aren't really you're thing, you can follow the big trend for guys right now, which is Spring colors and fun patterns! You know I'm excited! 

I even gave you choices here, guys, because who doesn't appreciate options! 


how to accessorize an outfit




how to accessorize an outfit
how to accessorize an outfit

how to accessorize an outfit

The same rules apply to mixing patterns, although you can go bolder for Spring! 




Labels: