Wednesday, April 6, 2016

How to brighten up a week

I was very fortunate to have had ten amazing days to spend with my husband and our adorable son, while I was on Spring Break. Needless to say, going back to work after that was not easy! When I'm not feeling my best, whether I'm sick, tired, or just a little mopey, I use clothes or accessories to make myself feel better.

With my clothes, I love adding color or patterns. One of my favorite lessons from Stacy London on "What Not to Wear", is that clothes don't have to match, they have to "go" - meaning, you don't have to be "matchy-matchy" with your clothes and accessories! In fact, being "matchy-matchy" makes you look dated, because that trend hasn't been around for quite some time now (like 10 or 15 years...sorry). You will look much more modern and sophisticated, if you wear colors that compliment each other.

Check a color wheel! Colors that are usually a safe bet are the colors that are next to each other. However, you can follow a color across to the other side of the color wheel for more fun!


The color that I find myself gravitating toward the most is probably cobalt blue. I love its versatility and ability to work for any season. 

Susan Padron Philly Stylist

I paired this gorgeous color with one of my favorite lipsticks and an impressive statement necklace that my sister gave me from Modcloth (thanks, Sara!).  Jewelry is definitely another one of my favorite ways to brighten up a day (or outfit), but I'll save that topic for later! 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment